Monday, June 30, 2008

Newbies!

Okay, I have been really slacking on my posts lately, but I promise to try and get back in the groove of things this week!

I am currently in the process of acquiring vintage rooster junque for my kitchen, so you can imagine my excitement when my dear Auntie gave me these "vintage" rooster salt and pepper shakers! Aren't they too cute?!

Dontcha just love these candlesticks??? These were part of the "haystack" that Miss Liz found for me, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!! I "inherited": so much great stuff from Miss Liz, since she just moved to Kentucky and was simplifying her life! Check out her blog, here!
I picked up this beautiful bowl from the antiquing excursion mom and I had a few weeks ago, and it fits perfectly in this plate rack that I found a few months back! I can't wait to serve appetizers in it at my next gathering!!


My cousin MO, spied this beauty while we were out on our junking trip in Saint Cloud, and it is so pretty in the plate stand.
This is the rest of the haystack from my dear Auntie!Miss Roxy is however the best thing I brought home from my trip to Saint Cloud! Isn't she beautiful, she saw the camera and promptly posed to have her picture taken. I adopted her from Aunt Shanaenae, so now I will always have piece of her here in my home.

She wasn't too happy to share the lime light with my beloved Bella(below) at first, but now....

They are fast friends and Roxy even lets Bella sleep on her blankie! Roxy + Bella = BFF!

Now if I can just get Roxy to go outside without me, we'll all be happy! Well she'll be learning this week because next week it is back to work! THAT'S RIGHT PEOPLE, I am gainfully employed again! WOO HOO! It has been both nice and stressful being out of work these last three weeks, but I was happy to have an interview this morning with a local insurance company. I wasn't sure it went too well, but they called not an hour later to offer me the job!! WAA HOO!! I am excited to be going back to work in a new field, wish me luck!!

Ya'll have a great week, and don't forget to tune in for Here's your sign Friday.
I promise to post this week!!

HAYHAY

2 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

Ah The BFF's are so cute. I miss my Roxy girl but I know that she will have a chickene dawg eatin' good life with you and Miss Bella. Already sharing her blankie.. guess she is usuing her manners!!!
All of your junque looks very pretty.
Woo Hoo you got a job!!!
Good thing 'cause I hear they need people with a little insurance experience in Okie!!!
shugars!

Kentucky Bound said...

Whoo Hoo! A new job! Toldjaso! Love all of your beautiful new treasures! Those bowls are wonderful!

I'm happy/sad to hear that you have Roxie! Aunty neglected to tell me that when I talked to her last. I'm happy that she has a wonderful new home and a new sister to play with. Give her a big hug from me and Brigi (and Grace too)!

Love you!