Friday, June 13, 2008

Here's MY sign!

Today is here's your sign Friday, I am a lover of vintage signs and can never resist picking one up when I am out junking! So I decided to start Here's your sign Friday-a weekly blog to show of vintage signs that I absolutely love. But this week I decided to change it up a bit. As many of you know I have been out of work for a full week now and IT IS THE PITS!! I am afraid that I am going to be one of those people standing at the bottom of the interstate off ramp holding a will work for.. sign! However I think my sign will read:


There are a lot of these people standing on the corners of Jacksonville holdings signs, especially during rush hours. MY favorite guy stands on the off ramp of I295 and Blanding Blvd, his sign states: "I'm not gonna lie, I need a BEER!" At least he is original right? He admits what he will use the money for, if you are so kind as to hand it out to him. I have always been one of those people who thought "they can get a job if they really wanted to work", but now I am on the other side of that fence! I have been trying and trying all week to get a job, and nada, zilch, nothing. No phone calls, no emails, no interviews! THIS UNEMPLOYMENT THING SUCKS! I received my last paycheck from my old job today, so you'll have to tune in for more here's your sign Fridays to see what happens!
Wish me luck! Hope that you all have a fantastic weekend!
HAYHAY

5 comments:

Kentucky Bound said...

Sorry kiddo, but I've packed all my signs and I'm fresh out of Lizisms today. I promise I'll do better!

Sorry about the job situation. I've been unemployed for 5 days now too! Actually sang a chorus of "take this job and shove it" on Monday when the system went down for the umpteenth time after being down all weekend. I've got a few weeks before I have to start looking though. You'll find something. You're smart, beautiful, and resourceful.

Love you!

vintage girl at heart said...

If you have a sharpie.. I have some cardboard!!!! That is always my question...where does a homeless person obtain a sharpie to make the sign?? lol!!!
You will find the perfect job...it will take patience but it will be worth it in the end!!! In the mean time, enjoy your quiet time at home with your furry babies!!! and come on down and let's do some Beachin' and Junkin'!!

Antique Therapy said...

Hi Hayley,
Thank you for leaving the nice comment on my blog. My cats name is Bailey, and he is my best friend. he is very mellow and sweet.
By the way your blog is very cool too!!

Fickle and Fabulous Me said...

Im sure some of Jordans old buddys will share their corner with you! LOL, just kidding! Man, I wish I got laid off! I hate my job! You will find something, you are smart, and you have a ton of experience. We got your invitation yesterday! I love the print! Well, if all else fails you can move in too, and we all start our junkin' buisness!

Love ya! -whit

vintage girl at heart said...

http://thriftshopromantic.blogspot.com/2008/06/pyrexia-addiction-to-pyrex.html
check out this link..